- What follows are free links to recent writing and an excerpt from the most recent. I’m very happy with how it evolved, btw.
But first, a note about Medium:
- Subscribe good; Follow bad.
- If you Subscribe then you’ll get a few paragraphs and a link when I hit publish. If that hasn’t happened blame Follow
- We Need a Bigger Boat: Add a Bigger Us to the Long Now and a Wider Here.
- We Feared My Mother-in-Law Was in a Cult – then we figured out she was running one
- Your Cheating Heart–More Baked In Yumminess from Our Evolutionary Heritage
- Oxytocin — the Love Drug’s Double Nature: Hans Gets Thrown Under the Bus
- Pain, Death, and Blood in the Streets: A Book Report (Political Lies #04)
After a few years of wallowing in the problems, I’m starting to see the vague outline of solutions. That starts with this one:
We Need a Bigger Boat:
Add a Bigger Us to the Long Now and a Wider Here
Longer Now, Wider Here, Bigger Us
In 2003, Brian Eno explained the insight behind the name of the Long Now Foundation.
After noting that he liked to move around, see the shops, and meet people in any neighborhood he lived in, he described going to a house-warming party in New York in the late ’70s.
The taxi delivered him to an address in a bad neighborhood. He suspected he was at the wrong address until, arriving at the top floor, he found himself in a “multi-million dollar palace.” He asked the host if she liked the neighborhood? The reply: “Oh, the neighborhood? Well, that’s outside.”
Hope it’s okay if I’ve added a few of you to my quarterly newsletter. I’ve very much appreciate the feedback you all have been providing.
Thanks for reading!