- What follows are free links to recent writing and an excerpt from the most recent. I’m very happy with how it evolved, btw.
But first, a note about Medium:
- Subscribe good; Follow bad.
- If you Subscribe then you’ll get a few paragraphs and a link when I hit publish. If that hasn’t happened blame Follow
- We Need a Bigger Boat: Add a Bigger Us to the Long Now and a Wider Here.
- We Feared My Mother-in-Law Was in a Cult – then we figured out she was running one
- Your Cheating Heart–More Baked In Yumminess from Our Evolutionary Heritage
- Oxytocin — the Love Drug’s Double Nature: Hans Gets Thrown Under the Bus
- Pain, Death, and Blood in the Streets: A Book Report (Political Lies #04)
After a few years of wallowing in the problems, I’m starting to see the vague outline of solutions. That starts with this one:
Longer Now, Wider Here, Bigger Us
After noting that he liked to move around, see the shops, and meet people in any neighborhood he lived in, he described going to a house-warming party in New York in the late ’70s.
The taxi delivered him to an address in a bad neighborhood. He suspected he was at the wrong address until, arriving at the top floor, he found himself in a “multi-million dollar palace.” He asked the host if she liked the neighborhood? The reply: “Oh, the neighborhood? Well, that’s outside.”
Hope it’s okay if I’ve added a few of you to my quarterly newsletter. I’ve very much appreciate the feedback you all have been providing.
Thanks for reading!